Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) programs empower students to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse, global, ever-changing society. Students develop skills in decision making, problem solving, managing work and family, communication, technology, leadership, citizenship, and workplace readiness. In addition to supporting and complementing the family's role, FACS programs offer students the opportunity to select and prepare for related careers.
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is the co-curricular career and technical student organization which has family as its central focus. Students plan and implement service learning activities through participation in FCCLA.
To empower individuals and families across the life span to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse, global society. Our unique focus is on families, work, and their interrelationships.
To prepare students for family life, work life and careers in Family and Consumer Sciences by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed to:
- strengthen the well-being of individuals and families across the life span;
- become responsible citizens and leaders of family, community, and work settings;
- promote optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span;
- balance personal, home, family, and work lives;
- use critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments;
- function as providers and consumers of goods and services;
- appreciate human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family and work life; and
- success in life management, employment, and career development.