Compact Between Home and School
SGHS Compact between Home and School
South Greene High School
7469 Asheville Highway, Greeneville, TN 37743
Phone: 636-3790 Fax: 636-3791
Principal: Dr. Cindy Bowman Assistant Principal: Mrs. Teresa
School Motto: RESPECT REAPS REWARDS
It is the desire that SOUTH GREENE HIGH SCHOOL provide learning
opportunities and experiences, which meet the need and maximize the
potential of all students in a positive, safe learning environment
that stimulates intellectual curiosity, commitment, and academic
achievement. Our goal is to instill positive principles, habits and
attitudes conducive to good physical and mental health; promote an
acceptable self-concept and work ethic necessary for productive
citizenship, and foster respect for the environment and the
individual differences that exist among people.
We believe that high student performance is a shared
responsibility for parents, staff and students. We value the role
of parents to help your child achieve high academic standards, and
our staff wishes to work with you, your child, and family in
building a partnership to help your child be successful and career
and college ready.
The school will:
• Discuss the compact with parents at parent/teacher
conferences and other meetings.
• Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a
supportive and effective learning environment that enable the
participating children to meet the Tennessee student academic
• Build a partnership with parents to help achieve improved
academic achievement on state standards.
• Hold parent-teacher conferences at least annually, as
scheduled by the school and school system.
• Provide parents with frequent reports on their children's
• Provide parents reasonable access to staff.
• Provide parents reasonable opportunities to volunteer and
participate in their child's class, and to observe classroom
The parents will:
• Share responsibility for improved school academic
• Build a partnership to help students achieve the state's
• Be responsible for supporting students' learning by helping
with such things as monitoring: attendance and monitoring homework
• Volunteer in classes and activities; participate in
decisions relating to their children's education; and make positive
use of extracurricular time.
• Provide a positive learning environment and support my
child's learning at home.
• Provide my child with love and understanding.
• Monitor internet, video and computer games, and television
time at home.
• Represent my child, when possible, at school functions and
school policy advisory groups.
• Participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the
education of my child.
• Communicate with my child's teacher.
• Uphold the teacher and school.
The students will:
• Regularly attend and be on time.
• Be prepared with materials and assignments.
• Be respectful toward individuals and property.
• Be responsible and show self-discipline, observing all
• Cooperate with staff and other students.
• Follow the dress code.
• Complete assignments, projects, and tests in a timely
• Master the essential elements of the curriculum.
With your signatures, you are indicating your intention to work
in partnership with South Greene to ensure the best possible
education for your child. Please contact the school if you need
more information on opportunities to volunteer, or for any other
questions or suggestions. We have our student handbook on the
school website, and a copy is provided to students at the start of
Email of parent
Signature of Student
Signature of Parent/Guardian
Signature of Teacher
South Greene High School does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its
programs or activities.
South Greene High School no discrimina en la basis de color,
origin de nacionalidad, sexo, disabilidad o edad en sus programas