The purposes of the South Greene Band Boosters are:
- To create and maintain an enthusiastic and positive interest in
the band program.
- To encourage and cultivate positive participation in band
activities by all students, parents and other individuals or groups
interested in developing a quality program.
- To maintain dignified and supportive relationships between
those who are interested in developing a quality band program.
- To engage in fund raising activities to help to meet the
financial needs of the South Greene band.
- To fulfill various other support roles for the band program
through logistical, organizational, or manual support.
- Annual Band Bazaar - At this event, the South Greene Band
Boosters host local rock, country, bluegrass, and pop bands;
provide concessions; and hold a live auction at the end of the day.
This event is a fundraiser to pay for music, instrument
maintenance, instruction, transportation, and competition entry
fees for the following school year.
- Band Camp - The South Greene Band Boosters provide a week long
retreat for high school band students to kick-start the fall
marching band season.
- Spring Trip - The South Greene Band Boosters organize
fundraisers so that band students can go on a trip to perform
outside of the East Tennessee region and to engage in educational
opportunities. In the spring of 2012, the trip was 3 days and 2
nights in Nashville, TN.
- Logistical Support - Members of the South Greene Band Boosters
also provide logistical and manual support whenever the band is
traveling to perform or compete.
Meetings are held monthly throughout the school year and
conclude with a band banquet each May.
South Greene High School does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex,
disability or age in its programs or activities.